Join us May 3rd at First Evangelical Free Church from 5:30-8pm!
First car to the finish line wins! Use all of your cunning and creativity to build your own personalized soap box car. This is a unique fundraiser where you have the opportunity to participate in a fun event while supporting Compassion Child Care.
Participate in one of four ways:
1. Individuals/businesses can donate $500, build the car, and then have a related child race the car.
2. Individuals/businesses can build a car for a child to race who may not have access to the tools to do so.
3. Individuals/businesses can donate $500 as an entry fee to have someone else build a car and race the car.
4. Individual racer can get a business sponsor for the $500 entry fee, build and race his/her own car.
A kit with wheels, steering bracket and instructions for construction are included with the $500 registration fee.
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of the derby along with the most creatively designed car and the largest fan base at the race.
Race participants may seek sponsorship for their vehicles to cover the $500 registration fee.
1. Take three pictures while building your car and post them on Facebook! (please tag CCC on the post so we can share them)
2. All drivers at the Derby must be between the ages of 5 and 12 years old.
3. All derby cars must use the provided wheels and framework (a design is also provided but designers may pick their own design).
4. The heats will be conducted in a bracket style format (Ex. March Madness) with the winner of each heat advancing.
5. HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!!
If you have questions or if you would like to register click here!